Comments Off on Town Hall Meeting 9/30/15
Commissioner Amanda Fritz cordially invites you a Town Hall meeting to share information, ask questions and give feedback on current policy issues in Portland.
Topics will include:
• Recreational marijuana regulations and wise use;
• Paid parental leave for City workers;
• Beginning a process to discuss fair/predictable scheduling for workers throughout Oregon;
• The Department of Justice (DOJ) Settlement on police accountability and community trust-building;
• Commissioner Fritz’s upcoming City Council legislation, including providing additional time for public review of weekly Council meeting Agenda items; Closed Captioning on TVs in Public Places; and a Resolution opposing Oil Trains passing through Portland and Vancouver WA.
• Open forum for you to share issues of concern
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Time: 7:00 to 8:30 PM (Note: We will start and end promptly. You are welcome to attend for all or part of the forum)
Location: PCC Cascade, 705 N. Killingworth St. Portland, OR 97217, Margaret Carter Technology Education Building TEB 222.
Light refreshments will be provided. TriMet operates bus 72 along Cascade campus.
Please contact Jasmine Wadsworth at 503-823-3008 or email her at Jasmine.email@example.com with questions. To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503-823-2036, TTY 503-823-6868 with such requests or visit http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bibs/artic…. Requests must be made by Monday, September 28, 2105.
Comments Off on Agenda, NWDA Air Quality Committee Meeting, June 8, 2015
June 8, 2015
Agenda, NWDA Air Quality Committee Meeting
Breakfast Room, Silver Cloud Inn, NW 24th Place & Vaughn, 7:00n pm
1. Update on Clean Diesel Agreement, Good Sam Hospital – Kathy
2. Train Idling update – Sharon
3. Update, Anderson Construction Clean Diesel agreement – Kathy
4. Status of John Residential Clean Diesel Site Logistics Plan oversight Agreement – Kathy & Sharon
5. Examiner, NWDA Board information re: AQC
6. Article on City of Roses recycling grant to retrofit for clean diesel to tier 4 – Sharon
7. Possible rezoning industrial area for housing – Sharon
Comments Off on Annual Meeting, Board Meeting – May 18, 2015
The NWDA Annual Meeting will be held on Monday, May 18, 2015, at 6 pm at the Legacy Good Samaritan Auditorium in Building #2, 1040 NW 22nd Avenue (across NW22nd from the hospital’s main entrance). The Annual Meeting will be followed by a Board meeting from 7:10 pm to 8:05 pm.
The Annual meeting will include the election of NWDA Board Directors plus the Board President. There will also be short updates from the Board President and committee chairpersons. All are welcome to attend. Meeting agendas are available for download.
To vote you must be a member of the NWDA as a resident, Property owner, or a representative of a business or non-profit organization. Membership forms are available and can be submitted on-line at www.northwestdistrictassociation.org/?page_id=354 or at Neighbors West-Northwest, 2257 NW Raleigh Street, Portland, OR 97210. Absentee voting is permitted, but proxies are not allowed. For more information contact Mark Sieber at 503-823-4212.
Comments Off on Board Meeting – Mon, March 16
There will be a meeting of the NWDA Board of Directors on Monday, March 16, from 6:00 pm to 7:45 pm in the Wilcox Building Room 102. The agenda is being finalized and will be posted shortly.
Comments Off on Special Board Meeting – Dec 1, 2014
The draft agenda for our special board meeting to be held on Monday, December 1st is now available. What began as a meeting with the sole purpose of reviewing committee work plans has now, by necessity, expanded into other issues, including discussion of NWDA’s position opposing demolition of the Ballow & Wright building.
The meeting is public and everyone is welcome to attend. There will be a public comment period during which members of the community can share their opinions about the Ballow & Wright building and other issues.
Download agenda: NWDA Special Board Meeting Agenda_ December 1, 2014 v1
Comments Off on Draft April 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
Draft April Board meeting minutes to be reviewed for approval at the May 19th Board meeting are available at:
Comments Off on Annual Meeting and May Board Meeting – May 19th
Be a part of shaping your neighborhood organization!
The NWDA Annual Meeting will be held on May 19th at 6 pm at the Legacy Good Samaritan Auditorium in Building #2, 1040 NW 22nd Avenue (across NW22nd from the hospital’s main entrance). The Annual Meeting will be followed at 7:30 pm by a brief Board meeting.
The Annual meeting will include the election of NWDA Board Directors plus the Board President. There will also be short informative presentations from the Board President and committee chairpersons. All are welcome to attend. Attached are the following items:
- Agendas for both meetings, scheduled back-to-back. Note that the newly elected Board members will be serving for the follow-on short Board meeting. NWDA_Annual Meeting Agenda_May 19 2014
- Draft NWDA position letter to City Council pertaining to the accommodation of homeless persons (as discussed and requested by the Board at the April meeting). NWDA Homeless Housing Policy Statement V2 May 2014
- Draft NWDA letter to City Council expressing concerns over the City’s responsiveness to NWDA issues (with Planning Committee edits). CoP Hales 2014 05 09 – City issues
Seven candidates declared for the eight open Board positions. These persons are: Carla Charlton, Don Genasci, Rebecca Hamilton, Brad Houle, Juliet Hyams, Phil Selinger and Kathy Sharp. There is one candidate for President: Gustavo Cruz. Balloting will close at 7:15 pm.
To vote you must be a member of the NWDA as a resident, Property owner, or a representative of a business or non-profit organization. The deadline for membership application is Noon, Wednesday, May 14th. Membership forms are available and can be submitted on-line at www.northwestdistrictassociation.org/?page_id=354 or at Neighbors West-Northwest, 2257 NW Raleigh Street, Portland, OR 97210.
Absentee ballots are available at Neighbors West-Northwest between 9 am and 4 pm weekdays from Monday, May 12th to Friday, May 16th and Monday, May 19th. Absentee voting is permitted, but proxies are not allowed. To vote absentee, you must register as a member at least three business days prior to the Annual Meeting, no later than noon, Wednesday, May 14th. For more information contract Mark Sieber at 503-823-4212.
Comments Off on Upcoming Annual Meeting and Elections
Date: Monday, May 19, 2014
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Legacy Good Samaritan Auditorium, 1015 NW 22nd Ave. (The auditorium is in the main hospital building.)
The Annual Meeting and Election of the NWDA Board is coming up. This is a good time to come to a meeting and to have a direct stake in shaping your neighborhood association. You need to be a member to vote, but you need to sign on as a member before the meeting. If you haven’t done so, you can do that at under the website “Join Us” tab. The meeting will include a summary of the work of each of the five NWDA committees. The Annual Meeting and Election will be followed with a short meeting of the new Board. There’s lots going on. Come, participate and consider how you might want to play an on-going role in shaping your community.
See the Calendar for other meetings and details!
Comments Off on Revised April 21st NWDA Board Meeting Agenda
Attached is the revised April Board meeting agenda reflecting the addition of an update regarding the historic house demolition at NW 24th/Quimby. For your reference: NWDA_Agenda_April 21 2014 . All are most welcome to these meetings!
Comments Off on Candidates Sought for Board Election
Help shape our great neighborhood! There is lots going on and your help is needed!
Date: Monday, May 19, 2014
Time: 6:00 PM
Place: Wistar Morris Room, Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital, 1015 NW 22nd Avenue, Portland, OR
If you reside in or represent a business in NWDA, you are eligible to run for the NWDA Neighborhood Board of Directors. View a map at: http://www.nwnw.org/maps/NWDA.PDF. Be a part of the change you seek to sustain. There are several ways you can help:
· Become a member, attend the Annual Meeting and vote for the best candidates.
· Consider running for the neighborhood Board of Directors. Terms are two years.
· Nominate someone who you think offers great enthusiasm, talent and experience to the Board.
· Extend your engagement by coming to meetings and serving on a committee.
The deadline for declaring your candidacy in writing (e-mail is accepted) is 5:00 PM, Friday, April 18, 2014. You must be a member of the NWDA to run for office. To register for membership, download a membership application by clicking “Join Us” at www.northwestdistrictassociation.org. Send declarations of candidacy to: NWDA Elections Committee, 2257 NW Raleigh Street, Portland, OR 97210 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are eight (8) open board positions plus the presidency. A description of expectation of a Board director is at: NWDA Director Role Description . The description for the Board President is at: NWDA President Role Description. Following the deadline to declare candidacy, there will be a public meeting of the Elections Committee to declare the official slate of candidates at Neighbors West-Northwest, 2257 NW Raleigh Street. For more information, call Mark Sieber: 503 823-4212, email@example.com